Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rain Rain Rany Part II


Water indeed! I was very surprised to see how much water the place lost. As I walked out my front door with the tape I was greeted with a gust of wind and the wetness of rail. Then I started to walk towards my old work place. Ben Ricgz (or known as B.R.) greeted me when I arrived at
the pipe plant. He said, "Go straight down to the basement, the valve room. Red door at the end of the hall". I rushed down the stairs and quickly walked towards the red door at the end of the hall, I knew where the room was he didn't have to tell me again!
When I opened the great red door J.R. was standing there with a huge tool in his hand (I don't know what it was). After we talked about what happened we then took the scarf tape I had brought and taped up the valve. That took some thirty minuets!

Here is what we "think" happened: All of the rain water filled up the drain pipes all across town. It was too much water and the main valve went into M1K mode and still could not hold it. M1K is critical. So then it just burst because of all the pressure. But then again an odd looking crack is on the main valve. Why is it there? Is it because I have never seen this before? I have worked here for over ten years and this has never happened before!

No comments:

Post a Comment